To participate in the ultimate casting portion, ALL MODELS must have at least 25 COMP CARDS for casting panel with current contact information. Although it is highly recommended that you bring comp cards provisions have been made for models that do not have them. Business cards are also advised for networking event.
As this is a professional environment we will require business casual attire or “model Go N See look” i.e. fitted solid color top and a skinny jean with heels. Your goal is to book a job so looking your absolute best will only be beneficial. Please wear the appropriate undergarments to provide you with a smooth and toned overall look. Well manicured hair and natural makeup are also suggested.
Wardrobe suggestions include but not limited to: A figure flattering knee length dress in muted colors. A pattern free pull over or button down shirt and pencil skirt, A simple fitted top with dark fitted slacks or skinny jeans and 2 or more inch heel.
A reserved demeanor and professional attitude combined with appropriate attire will increase odds of making a positive impression.
25 Comp Cards with contact information email/phone number and Business cards with current contact information
2. You will be lined up outside of the casting room door
3. When you are next in line the Monitor will ask for your comp cards or photo with contact info
4. Once it is your turn the monitor will tell you to enter the room
5. Walk inside and stand on black tape on the floor (The monitor will show you where to stand)
6. Introduce yourself with name and measurement and whether you are signed or unsigned with an agency
7. Once you have introduced yourself present your runway walk, which should be a straight walk ending with a pose facing panelist, Stop where the black tape will be on the floor, hold pose for 2 seconds
8. Then you are to do a ½ turn and walk back to original black tape on the floor
9. Complete a ½ turn so you end up facing judges and pose
10. The monitor will ask panelist if they have any questions for you (If yes they will ask and if no the room Monitor will excuse you)
11. You will then wait outside while the room monitor speaks with panelists and gives the interested panelists your comp card
12. The monitor will then come out and give you the leftover comp cards
13. Once you are seen you are free to attend seminars or shop in the Plus Model Market
14. If any companies are interested they will follow up with you via phone, scheduled meeting or email (please do not contact them unless they contact you first)
15. Please feel free to introduce yourself to the panel during the networking event
NYC Plus Model Network is not a modeling agency or management company. We do not represent any individual, company or companies participating in “The Ultimate Casting Event”. NPMN is not responsible for or liable in any resulting action of participating individual, brand or brands. NPMN makes no claims to guarantee any job offer, campaign or booking and have no claim on remuneration earned as a result of individual participating in this event or any other NPMN event. NPMN only serves as a conduit to provide initial meeting betwixt individual and company or companies. Any action following an NPMN event betwixt participating brand and attendee are solely the responsibility of parties involved and NPMN is in no way liable for either parties actions.